Question

Postmaster18

Should I pay a collection agency for a 8 year old debt?
Collection agency says I bounced Check to cell phone co. Cell phone co. say I have a 0 balance

This collection agency debt collection is showing up on credit report.

Look up "Statute of Limitations for Collections" and see what it is for your state.  In the majority of states, said debt will drop off the credit report in 7 years and the SOL is usually 6 years or less, but I saw a couple where it was 10 years.  If the SOL in your state has expired, that is the reason to file a dispute on this bill with the credit bureau reporting it.