Question

desireelws50

Should I pay a 4 year debt in collection?
I was mailed a letter by a collection agency. I dont know if its on my credit report but they asked me to pay a settlement and I agreed. I wanted to know should I pay it and dispute it or ignore it?

If it's a true debt and it'snot your fault, Pay It! Try getting a pay to delete if they are willing to do it after you already agreed to pay it. You also have the right not to pay it at this point, it's been on your credit report for 4 years, it comes off in about 7.5 years. I would politely tell them you want to settle this debt, and you also would like to have the delinquency removed from your credit report. Hope it helps!

You Owe someone money, it went to collections,  they have sent you a letter and you have Agreed to the settlement,  Now you are asking if you should pay it?

moral Yes you should pay it off.