Question

Kiddfresh2kplus

Should I open a credit card that will give me a much higher limit than what I have?
The largest available card I have now is $1,750. I have a few other cards but they aren't as significant. There is an option for me to get another card with my credit union and the limit will be around 5k and the apr will be better as well. Will this help my score if I get this card?

Yes as long as you put 1%-20% utlization you will get the maximum benefit in the long run and it will lower your overall utilization....though you will see a slight drop about 5 points from the hard hit in 6 months if used properly paying on time and keep the card(s) below 20% your score will jump atleast 20 points and i've seen as high as 50 points