Question

Cowboy3791

Should I notice a considerable difference on my scores if I pay off all my debt?
My current debt is 18K...will i notice a considerable improvement in my scores if I A. pay off my debt which I can do by the end of the year B.Lower my utilization on my 2 credit cards to under 20% and finally, be on time from here forward with all payments...finally, roughly how long before these improvements happen???

Most Helpful Response

Paying things down will definitely help and you should see gradual improvements on your credit as you gradually pay down balances. You will be rewarded each time that you show a lower balance on your accounts, (after reported to the credit bureaus). If you have late/missed payments on your reports, their damage will diminish as the lates age. Things do take time, but it sounds like you are ready to head in the right direction.