Question

bmartinez93

Should I make monthly payments interest free for a year or pay off a balance at once?
I purchased a bed from Sleep Country USA and received a GE Capital card with a balance of about $1,100 and limit of $4,000. I have a year of no interest and paid off my other credit card balances. I was wondering if it's a better idea to make monthly payments and pay it off within a year or pay it off at once? And what are the benefits or disadvantages in the long run? Thanks,
Bryan.

Most Helpful Response

Pay ASAP is best.

You have a $4000 total credit limit and a balance of $1100.  That makes the available credit $2900.  Since I don't know if you have other credit cards, I'll just go with this one so your credit card usage is 27.5%.  The ideal maximum usage is between 10 and 20%.

Given all this data, what do YOU think would be the best idea?