Question

FLDiva1966

Should I let them increase my credit card limit?
I stay within around $500 of my card limit, and now my institution is offering to increase my limit. I have no intention of adding more debt to the card, but will the increased limit help my credit score?

As is covered in the very informative articles on this site, the more credit you have available, the higher your score.  That the instyitution wants to grant a credit increase shows their trust in you and will also help your score  I have over 20K in credit and use very little.  The balance I am currentl'y carrying will be paid in full in a couple of months and I will be able to pay what I use in full every month now.  As the balance owed decreases, the credit score increases.

Cli (credit line increases) help lower utilization. This number varies depending on what you read but having a ~30% utilization reporting to your credit report tends to increase your scores. You may not need to use it but it'll help raise your scores & give you a little buffer should an emergency occur.