Question

creezus

should i improve my credit score or increase my down payment?
I got $500 from selling my old car (it was complete trash, $500 was the best I could do.) and I have $500 coming in from my paycheck Friday. I need to get another car but I'm 18 and I have bad credit. My only blemish is my credit card, which I could pay off completely with the $500. So, should I use the money to pay off my credit card and hope my score increases enough to get a loan, or should I keep my bad score and use the $1000 as a down payment?

See if you can negotiate a pay for delete (do some research) on the card account.