Question

sself1990

Should I give AMEX my 4506-T?
I have no credit history... no past credit cards, no loans. I applied for the Costco True Earnings Amex, I was denied at the store, but about a week later, Amex sends me a letter saying that I need to fax them my 4506-T in order to complete my application. If they sent me this letter, does this mean I have a chance of getting a card? I'd rather not send all of my info if I'm going to get denied anyway.
Thanks

They want to confirm your income level because they can't make a determination based on score/history.

Personally, I'd call AMEX and speak to a rep first before sending this information. I don't like sending highly personal information like that unless I know for sure that it's going to the correct people.

Thanks for the response. I've called a few different reps, and they both said just to fax it in to the number on my letter, which I have verified. I just didn't want to do it if I had no chance at getting the card with no credit history.