Question

cword9

Should I get a personal loan to pay off a high credit card ratio with high APR?
My chase card is at 75% with its high balance, and has a high APR. Should I get a personal loan with a smaller APR and pay that off? Or just stick with the high APR? I want to do what is best for my credit, I'm not worried about the payment.

it seems risky getting a loan

that'll decrease your credit history, and add a hard inquiry, so just from a credit score perspective, it might be better to carry a balance if your credit utilization is already reasonable.  when I applied for a student loan, the inquiry lowered my score by 20pts,and hard inquiries stay for a year, so  for loans, hard inquiries aren't something you should gamble with.