Question

Posted in Banking

jlriker

Should I fully advance my secured line of credit to help improve my credit score?
I have a secured personal line of credit for $125. I typically advance what I need and pay it in full within a week. Since I have poor credit (634) is it better to advance it in full and treat it as an installment loan, paying it slowly over time, in order to improve my payment history? I am concerned about the impact this might have on my credit utilization. Are lines of credit treated differently than credit cards?