Question

Grfldnut

Should i file ?
I was on the mortgage with my parents who passed in 2009 / 2011 . I had an agreement with the mortgage company to sell the property via "Short Sale" all paperwork was signed by the heirs then mortgage company "sold" my loan to another company and had to start the short sale process all over...we lost the buyer, . My sisters and I have been receiving certified letters everyday from their attorney. I also have credit card / medical debt because I was taught the roof over your head was more important than anything else, I let my personal bills go, I made the mortgage payment for 1 1/2mths after Jan 2011, we started the short sale process after getting the courts permission to sell as neither parent had wills. I cannot afford the attorney fees to file bankruptcy at the present time, as I am staying with relatives. Any advice would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

This situation actually requires the advice of an attorney to get it resolved in the most beneficial way possible, and most bankruptcy attornies offer a free consultation at the first appointment.  The fees are usually worked into the contract so you don't have to lay out a lot of money right away.  And, considering that this house was inherited by you and your sisters, the legal solution to this problem should not be just yours alone.  Do contact an attorney who should talk to all the heirs involved.