Question

NyKhan

Should I dispute an account if bank says it purged all records of the account
Paid off older BOFA line of credit. The account was closed by BOFA. They listed several late pays on my account between 12/09 through 3/10. I don't have a copy of my account records. However, I recall only one late pay. I called them and their customer rep said they purged their system and no longer had records indicating I ever had the account. I asked for a goodwill removal, but I had no leverage since the account has already been closed. One of their reps told me to dispute the account, and that they may have to remove the entire thing since they have no records of my account and past payments. What should I do?