Question

amb5570

Should I deal with the company or the collection agency?
I had an ATT Uverse account in my name for internet for my apt 3-4 years ago while I was away at military training. My roommate never paid the bill and eventually it got sent into collections. I am trying to rebuild my credit and need to know how to deal with this. I owe them $375 dollars. Should I contact the collection agency or ATT? and how do I get it removed from my credit???

ATT doesnt own it anymore so you cant deal with them.  You have to deal with the collection agency.  The only way to have it removed is to negotiate  a pay for delete arrangement with them.  If they agree, you must get it in writing first.  Then and only then do you pay them.  If they refuse, then youronly  good option is to pay them and wait the seven years for it to fall off of your credit report.  Good luck to you.