Question

24hrmoon

Should I consider paying temporarily removed collection account?
So I have a collection debt with Comcast. The debt is over 3 years old. However the debt is constantly being sold to new collection agencies every six months. At this very moment the debt is not appearing on my credit report. I got an alert that it was removed. So my question is should I contact the most recent collection agency and ask them who they sold my case to? After that I will call the new agency and see if I can pay them off before they report the new case on my report once again. Can I do this? Will this be smart? I notice that when this case is on my report it drops me down by 71 points! 

By the way, the debt is $246.

Most Helpful Response

Don't do anything until you've done more reading, you may come to regret it. NEVER talk to them on the phone.

Look up dunning letters, PFD (pay for delete) etc.

Good luck!