Question

onionknightpld

Should I combine my two Capital One accounts?
So I have two Capital One cards, and let me just say they are by far the best CC company I have. I'll be coming up to 6 months here soon and I'll be able to combine the accounts, will that hurt my score by doing this? Also If I combine the accounts, wouldn't it be possible to open another account and get a higher score?

By combining the accounts, you have to weigh all of your options.   It will affect your total number of accounts.  However, if you combine them, your available credit would increase if they move the available credit into the one account.   If you open a new account, your average age of accounts will drop significantly and end of lowering your score as well as probably experience a hard pull.   You would be far better off asking them to increase your credit limit on one or both accounts.  They may do so without a hard pull which would save a hit on your credit report, decrease your utilizaiton and see a slight increase.