Question

Cpag33

Should I close these two accounts... or keep them open?!
I'm in a bit of a pickle; I've got 2 student loan accounts with 100% on-time payments (one has a remaining balance of 94 cents, and the other with 5 cents) that are both due to begin accruing interest in the first few days of July. I have three options here, and I need to figure out which would be the absolute best for my credit score:

1. Do nothing and allow both to age into older credit lines?
2. Pay off one, closing it, and allow the other to age into an older credit line?
Or 3. Pay off both, closing both, which eliminates both of my oldest accounts off of my report?

I would do nothing, since your score is benefiting the most it can in the current situation. Your ratio of what you owe to what you borrowed could not get any better.