Question

slatercreek

Should I close out credit card accounts as paid off or leave open with zero balance?
I have paid off all my credit cards. Will it have a negative impact on my credit score if I close those paid off accounts? What if I ask to have my limits decreased. What will that do to my credit ratings?

Most Helpful Response

BOTH  will cause score to go down...keep accounts open and use them every few months to maintain activity andcharge a minimum of 1% to each card once every 3 to keep positive reports going....

slatercreek

I paid off my student loans and a one time finance on hearing aids.  Those can not be re-opened or used again.  Also a 2nd mortgage is now paid in full.  Will that have a negative impact?  I will continue with the other credit card accounts and use them occasionally, and thanks for the reply.

Slatercreek

slatercreek

I paid off my student loans and a one time finance on hearing aids.  Those can not be re-opened or used again.  Also a 2nd mortgage is now paid in full.  Will that have a negative impact?  I will continue with the other credit card accounts and use them occasionally, and thanks for the reply

onlinekush

thanx any other credit must do's im missing??

anymore question please post new thread just got lucky I was trolling through