Question

rithomas1

Should I close out a credit card I may not have to use again?
I created a David's Bridal Account the day I purchased my dress and they gave me a credit card to help pay for everything else I also had to purchase that day. After a few months of making consistent payments, I have paid off the David's Bridal credit card. I want to know if closing the account and getting rid of the card is a better option for my credit, or sitting with a $0.00 balance on the card is best.

Most Helpful Response

Sit with the $0 balance.  Just keep the card in a safe place.  After a while (a couple of years, maybe) they may cancel the card due to non-use, but that is far better than if you cancel it.

As said, don't close it. Take the time to do some reading and you will find that it is not a good idea to close accounts unless you have a very robust excellent credit profile.