Question

weaselfarm

Should I close my only open credit card (VS store card) that hasn't been used in 6 years?
I recently applied for a credit card and should receive it at some point this week.

My only other open credit card is a Victoria's Secret store credit card that I opened almost 8 years ago. I thought I closed it/cut it up about a year after it was opened, but it is showing up on my credit report as an open account. Should I close the account, or would it be better to leave it open and request a new card be sent to me, using it only a little at a time.

Most Helpful Response

It would be better to leave the account open. Closing an old account will lower your credit score. Requesting for a new card and using it here and there responsibly may help further build your credit due to new activity and likely keep the account open even longer.