Question

arteagay

Should I close my oldest account due to inactivity?
My oldest account of 11 years is still open even though there has been no reported activity since 2006. The account is listed as "other loans" and does not appear to have a negative affect on my credit. It has a zero balance with no missed payments. All my other open accounts are under 2 years. Should I contact the company to have it closed? Not sure how to approach this situation. I either keep it open without any activity or close it to reflect accurate records but decrease the aging of my open accounts.

Thank you.

LEAVE IT ALONE!

Some scoring sytems do not factor in "closed accounts" to the "average age of accounts". You would be causing harm to yourself by closing this account. Don't do it.