Question

Iwannahumpyou

Should I close my current line of credit for a better account?
So here's the lowdown about my quandary. I'm 21, have had a credit card for just over a year now, no other lines of credit or credit history, never missed a payment, and always paid my card off in full each month. There is another version of my card with better benefits that I want, but to get that card I would have to apply for a new one, and IF I were to get approved I wouldn't want 2 credit cards from the same lender ( I already have enough on my mind, let alone two cards). So if i got approved, it would be, out with the old and in with the new. None of spending habits would change. I have a steady job and don't plan on changing that anytime soon, within the 10 years or sooner I would prefer to buy a house or acquire decent sized loan for another venture. I'm quite certain though that if I did follow through, my current credit history would disappear and the application for my new card would ding my credit score... Current Transunion score is 734 and Equifax score is 747 (according to this site). New card is for better benefits and kind of a status/pride thing (stupid, I know, but i can't help it). Also, I wouldn't plan on closing this account for years to come.

At least 2-3 cards are generally recommended for scoring purposes.  Don't close cards until you've reached that baseline.