Should I close my account or just not activate the credit card?
I have had a credit card for 5 months from bofa and my credit score is 717. I recently opened an account with wells fargo and the personal banker told me I had been approved for a college student credit card with no fees. I told her I really didn't need one because I have one already. She said that if she called to close the credit line my credit score would take a hit. Im expecting the credit card in the mail. What would be the best thing to do? Close the account as soon as I get the credit card? Or simply activate it and use it for small purchases? Also if i close the account how much would it hurt my score?