Question

vleola

Should I close Capital One Secured Card?
I got my Capital One Secured Card back in 2011, to help improve my credit. I now have an Amex 1k limit, a Discover It 4,500 limit, and I want a Capital One Quicksilver to replace my secured card as well. My question is, how will closing my secured card affect my credit score and AAoa? The limit on my secured card is 750.

Upgrade

Call Capital one and tell them you're interested in upgrading your secured card to a Quicksilver. If that doesn't work, depending on what your credit history length would be without the secured, you may want to take the temporary hit in your score in order to free up that secured cash.

If I were you, I would cancel it, looks like you've improved your credit to the point where you don't need the secured card anymore. Eventually you're gong to want that money freed up too.

Don't do it.  Will drop your credit score. If you haven't read the articles here, please do, so you can gain a good understanding of why you should not cancel the card.