Question

dleague217

Should I close a secured credit card?
I have a Capital One secured card that I have had for almost 3 year. I pay a yearly fee on it. I have since been approved for unsecured credit cards and keep them paid. I have contemplated getting rid of the secured card so I dont accrue the yearly fee. I have asked Capital One to convert this to a Unsecured card and they said I would have to apply for the unsecurec credit card. I am reluctant to do that because 1) I dont want the hit on my inquires 2) because I already have unsecured cards and dont necessarily need the secured one. I have left it open because I figured it would help my score and credit limit and also because of the date its been open. Its the longest I have for a credit card. Any suggestions on what to do? My score is ranging around the 680 range with Transunion.

????

That's exactly what Im questioning now. The secured card only has about $300 limit but Im afraid that if I close it my score would dropped BIG TIME! 

Did you decide to close it?