Question

Kidbebop

Should I close a particular credit card account?
My ex wife and I still have a common credit card that I do not use. She pays the balance in full every month. I have a FICO score of 835 and only utilize 2% of my available credit but my income/debt ratio is on the high side because I am retired and receive social security and mostly live off retirement funds. The bank has removed my name from the card and says they would inform credit agencies of this change. My concern is that by reporting this to credit agency could this hurt my FICO score because they say I would be losing the good credit history on this account. This card reflects the use of 17% of my credit even though I do not use this card. What should I do?

slight correction

the bank says they would report to credit agencies "if I wanted".  They have not done so yet because I wanted more info as to what I should do