Question

AG1848

Should I change anything?
I have been a Chase Freedom Signature card holder since 2008. I understand closing long history is not good; to late. After a poor customer service experience, I closed my card ($9,000 limit).

To counter my loss of available credit, I requested a limit increase on my Citi Diamond Preferred card. This was raised $5,700.

I could really care less about my credit score dropping a few points, because it is fairly good and I rarely use my cards. I feel in pretty smart with my money.

The above being said, should I do change anything else to help my score currently?

Thanks CK and friends.

Most Helpful Response

What else is there to change??? Your score will go back up as you continue to use your card in moderation. Keep up the good work.

AG1848

I'm not sure.  I guess just making sure I do everything I need to keep my FICO where it was prior to canceling.  I thought canceling may hit me hard. 

Thanks for your input and reply.