Question

dani007girl

Should I cancel my CC that I can't use even though I've had it for many years?
I have a credit card that I went delinquent on a while back but I have paid off the balance. The CC company won't let me use the card anymore so my account is open and it shows up on my credit report. I want to cancel it but I've had this card for many years and my limit was $2500 so all that shows on my credit report. I only have to CCs and their limits are only a couple hundred dollars and I haven't had them that long. Will it hurt my credit score if I cancel this CC? Do I have any options? I already called the CC company trying to get them to let me use it again and they said no. I'd really appreciate so advice! Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

I for one would leave it alone,   leave it in the Open State.  ( but that is me )

it might do more harm then good by closing it.