Should I apply for the Capitol One unsecured Platinum card?
I've been working on my credit. CK is showing me 587 TU and 602 EQ. I have nothing in collections, no credit cards, good length of credit history, no inquiries. The only thing that's CK says is bad is my number of accounts, because I haven't had many. I have one open account in good standing (furniture bill) and the few others are closed. I don't make much money; about 20,000/yr.

I'm terrified of applying and being denied but I don't know how else to raise my credit when CK is telling me the only issue is that I don't have accounts. Should I go for it? I know about the secured card but I'm not wanting to go that route unless absolutely necessary.