Question

LeavingThePastBehind

Should I apply for my own credit cards?
My husband has several credit cards (Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Slate, AMEX Blue Everyday, and BOA Bass Pro) and I am an authorized user on all of them.

I only have two cards of my own currently (Capital One Platinum and Discover It). I was thinking of getting my own AMEX or Chase cards but not sure if I should since I am already an authorized user on my husbands cards.

Advice welcome. What should I do?

Yes, you should get more cards in your name only. Check the AMEX and Chase websites preapproval to see if you are preapproved for any of their cards.