Question

Nehelp808

Should I apply for another amex credit card?
I already have the everyday card and was wondering if I should I apply for the Bluecash as well?

Depends on your spending habits

It depends which rewards you'll use and will benefit you. The Preferred cards have more benefits, but they also charge a yearly fee. $95 for the Everyday Preferred and $75 for the Blue Cash Preferred. The Everyday card requires over 30 purchases in a billing period to earn peak rewards. Blue Cash earns 3% on groceries, 2% fuel, while Blue Cash Preferred earns 6% on groceries and 3% on fuel. You can compare rewards and look at your spending on this site, and you can also compare the cards on the American Express website. 

As an example I have the Everyday Preferred, and when I was fixing my house and buying lots of items, that card worked for me. Now I have the Bliue Cash Preferred because receiving 6% on groceries benefits me. Also purchase your gift cards at the grocery store. I had Amex transfer most of my balance from one card to the other. As soon as I've earned my points at the end of the billing cycle with the Everyday card, I'll use those points and then close it out.