Question

omersasi81

Should I apply for AmEx Gold now or wait?
Credit score from Experian, Transunion, and Equifax vary from 714-722, have two cards one from BofA which was a secure card but then they gave me a with $2500 limit and the other from Barclaycard, the Apple financing card with $3000. I am now thinking of getting the AmEx Gold Card to get my foot in the door with AmEx and for the rewards. What are my chances of getting approved by AmEx?

Another factor is your income, and using the cards you have responsibly.  Are your credit cards still secured? Amex Gold charges a $175 fee a year, and doesn't offer much, if any, in the way of rewards that I can see. You also have to pay the balance in full each month. I would suggest you go on the Amex website. They have an area where you can compare their cards. I would also suggest researching everything you can on the Internet. Different Amex cards require a different credit rating depending on the card. You might even want to call Amex and speak to a representative before a hard inquiry is performed to get an idea if you might qualify.