Question

Nclriley

Should I apply for a unsecured card?
I am rebuilding my credit. Started in October with a score in the mid 500. Now I am at 631. I already have the Capital One Secured card, balance stays low, and is paid off monthly. I hate the thought of a hard inquiry lowering my score, but I'm hoping a Capital one unsecured card will help improve my score in the long run. I don't have any other cards. I've already went to Capital one site, and it said I am "pre-approved" for the QuickSilverOne card. I'd like to start the process of purchasing a home in 3-6 months. Any advise would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

Home first!

Don't add any variables if you plan to get a home in the next 12 months.

I was just in the same boat. I have the Platinum card and it said I was preapproved for the QS1 and I got it with a huge limit and my score was lower than yours. Go for it.