Question

terryt72

Should I add my wife to a credit card to help her credit score?
My wife and i have bad credit and have both recently accepted low limit unsecured credit cards. There is an option to add another person to our cards to help them build credit. Should my wife and I add each other to our cards? Will this show up on our credit reports as having two credit cards each?

Most Helpful Response

I'm guessing you both have different account numbers on  your cards, right?  If so, then yes, that is a good idea.  Just call the card issues and ask them to put your spouse on as an "authorized user".