Question

timkelty

Should I add my partner to my credit card to improve her credit? Will it hurt mine?
I have good credit, but my partner's is bad.

Is it a good idea to add her to my credit card? I understand it will help her credit, but will it hurt mine?

Doing so should help her credit if your card is in good standing and has a long history. It would not hurt your scores to do so. Whatever you do, do not give her a card, just adding her as an authorized user would be as far as I would advise to go. Don't ever cosign anything either unless you are able to pay the loan and are willing to do so.