Question

wishiknew

Should I accept an offer from my credit card to increase my limit from $500. to a limit of $2000..
I am looking to buy a house. More credit may be handy to make it a home.

Most Helpful Response

Sure!

It doesn't really hurt to accept the increase in your limit unless you're bad at managing your money. In some cases, the credit card company will just write that you'll get an increase if you have X amount of months of good, on-time payments. When my credit card went from 2,200 limit to 3,200 limit I wasn't even aware until I checked my statement one day. Just be careful, the best way to build credit is to keep a balance between 1-9% of your limit every month 

Don't keep a balance!!!

Work to pay credit card balances as shown on the statement in full every month.  That way you are not paying interest, and it's always wise to save money.