Question

Rbella6

Shot credit! What should I do?
What to do?? I'm not sure where to begin I'm glad I found this site to help with my credit.

Needless to say, my credit is down right shot! I was careless and didn't take credit worthiness very seriously. Now that I realize how important is it, I need to find the right way to rebuild credit.

As I'm looking through credit karma, my score stands at 510. Here's what the rest looks like.

3 public record tax lines - back child support
1) $16,570
2) $3,500
3) $ 2,470

6 accounts delinquent
32 accounts in collection
0 credit history
7 credit inquiries

Now, I know this is horrible. I don't have a valid excuse as to way it is this bad. Most of the collection items are traffic tickets, unpaid bills from AT&T and Verizon. As far as I remember I've only had one credit card and that was through Macy's, otherwise I never had one major credit card of any sort nor a car loan.

I'm not looking for a quick fix but a step in the right direction - a credit card, small loan etc.. I've applied for credit cards but obviously I've always been denied. I've applied for a secured card from capital one but currently awaiting approval.

I'm embarrassed to show this but I'd rather get a sound advice and hopefully get through it. Thanks for taking your time looking at this and for your advice!

Most Helpful Response

A secured card, careful management and time are the only solutions.  You can try pay-for-deletes and goodwill letters for debts you've already settled.