Question

pleisiosaur

Shark card with Capital One. Dump it?
I got a Capital One shark card (high interest, fees) after a BK 12 years ago. I've never been late nor over-limit (I have been close, balance now zero) but there's never been any bad behavior on my part.

Over the years, my credit has been rebuilt. My Fico is now 767, and Fakos a little higher (781 here) but Capital One recently refused me a credit line increase from the original $1600.

This is silly. I have two other cards (Discover and Barclay's) with $7500 limits, and I'm now a transactor and not a revolver. My usage ratio is under 3%.

I'd like to dump the card, but I'm reluctant to do so as it's my oldest one, and I'm wary of
decreasing my credit age by the oldest account.

Could I have some thoughts on this, please?

Most Helpful Response

I've never liked Cap one

I had the same kind issues years ago. They refused to raise my limit from $1200. Even though i had others with high limits,  I let the card go after 8 years. Just before closing I opened a new card and then closed the Cap One account. my score took a dip for a few  weeks then bounced right back 

With your scores I'd be looking for a nice 0% +Rewards card.