Question

Ongewis

shared credit card for raising credit score
In hopes of raising my credit score a friend and I applied for a shared credit card, but another friend told me this will not work since we do not live at the same address. What is true?

How did you apply together?  what card was it for?  I'm not even sure how you did it... Not many places let you do that anymore.

Ongewis

Thanks for reply! Bank of America. My friend called them, we both gave them all the info they wanted on the phone and we asked for a card for which we both would be responsible equally. That does not seem to be the case because it all still goes through my friends name and address and online login. Another friend told me since I have a separate address, though the card itself  will work (it has my own name), but will not work toward credit score or history because of the address difference. Now what? I do have a secure credit card since 18 months, but would like another one to build credit history/score.

Ongewis

It does show up on the credit report now, it apparently works as intended