Question

BaileyandGrahamsmom

Several hard inquiries within a week are all counting as individual hard inquiries. How do I fix?
Back in January 2013, while car shopping, the dealer I was going to use ran my credit through the ten (10) lenders it works with to see who would give me the best interest rate. My score's still suffering because it shows that I have twelve (12) hard inquiries since November 2012. (The other two occurred while refinancing my home.)

I just read the article on Credit Karma that says inquiries that occur within 2-3 weeks are not bad and are counted as one inquiry. Is there anything I can do to combine them into one event, rather than 10 individual inquiries, to heal my score?

Most Helpful Response

It will still show up on your report as separate inquiries, but for purposes of calculating your credit score, they are only counted once.  Your scores are probably suffering from something else.  Go to www.credit.about.com to learn more about credit scores and how they are calculated, that will help you figure it out.  Best of luck!