Settling Old Debts
I have two old accounts in collections. They both fall off my report in 2018.
I have sent each creditor a (hopeful) pay for delete letter, with no luck at all. I have accepted that these collections will remain on my account until 2018.
Account #1 is $200 and Account #2 is $283.

1) Is it even worth it to pay off these debts, or should I just let them fall off in 2018? I know it won't boost my score at all, but I assume it looks better if I have no open collections.

If I do pay them off to have them listed as "closed or paid" collections, I would like to settle these old debts for a portion of the cost (starting negotiations with 25% of each debt, willing to pay up to 50% if necessary. )
3) What the best way to do this is? Do I call and negotiate a settlement with the creditor and then get the agreement in writing? Or do I send a letter with a proposed settlement amount and see if they respond? Or should I send a debt validation letter first?

4) If I call to try and negotiate and they refuse to take anything other than the full amount, because I have made contact, does this restart the 7 year process of the collections coming off of my account?

5) Is there any advice about getting these collections (once paid, ideally only partially, but worst-case paid in full) removed from my report at all, or since the pay for delete didn't work, am I stuck with these until 2018?

6)If I request a goodwill adjustment due to extenuating circumstances, am I able to negotiate that while only paying part of the original amount, or if I want to attempt to remove this collection entirely, should I anticipate paying the full amount owed.

Thank you for any help, advice, or experiences!