Question

aprilahm19

Settling Debt with Collections Agency
I currently owe $2,500 to a collections agency for my Capitol One Credit Card. I've been receiving calls from the collections agency regarding it, but haven't been able to speak to them as they call during my work hours. What's the best option? Should I negotiate to pay and have them remove from credit report? Pls help! Super clueless.

A "pay for delete agreement" is what you want. If you can get a "pay for delete" you will have to pay it all at once though, in most cases. You say that the collection company keeps calling. Are they calling excessively? Start taking notes of dates/times when the call. Take pictures of the caller id for each call. Do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act). If you feel that they are harassing you or even borderline harassing you, contact a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases as you may be able to sue the debt collector. I would avoid entering any payment arrangements with a debt collector. Check and see if the account is within the "statute of limitations" in your state to be sued for it. If the "sol" has expired on the debt, then you are legally off the hook for it.