Question

mejori

Settle Debt not on credit report?
I received a letter form a collection agency today and I want to settle the debt or pay it entirely so that it does not show up on my credit report. If I pay it can the still report to the bureaus? Or would they? The account has never been on my credit report at all.

They could still place it on your reports and mark it as paid, but odds are that they would not if you got it paid. If it were me, I may call them and try to get them to agree to not place it on my reports in exchange for my payment. You should get on this ASAP. Even if you can't get them to agree to anything, I would still pay it ASAP and hope for the best.