Question

AlbinoRaccoon

Servicemember, Can I Simply Ask my Credit Card to Remove a Late Payment Report?
I am a servicemember who left for boot camp with very little notice. I left the paperwork to notify my credit card company per the Servicemen's Civil Relief Act with my recruiter. Big mistake! It of course never made it to my credit card company and I have a single missed payment on my credit report. Is there any way given my situation and otherwise solid payment history that I can successfully ask them to simply remove the late payment report?

Thanks all.

I don't know of any provision of the SSCRA that provides any remedies when you fail to do your part, like notify them. You left it up to someone else and they failed you. I would simply call them and explain your situation and let them know that you ar generally concerned about your credit in all aspects and the the sudden deployment did not all you time to contact them in a timely manner. I would hope they are understanding.