Question

donsbigsis

seperated after 36 yrs trying to correct credit on limited income how
how can I correct and improve my score on limited income after a separation from a 36 yr marriage I am on disability?

Credit

First, sorry to hear about your marriage. 

Second, have you removed your ex from any accounts that they were associated with? I actually just made a post that may help. I will paste it below, hope it helps:

I had a good paying job and keeping up with my credit cards was simple, then I lost my job and had to live off my credit cards using the horrible cash advance which charges a higher APR. 

I now work from home with a very small income, but my credit is very good and all my bills are current. I do this by never missing my minimum monthly payment and making a little extra payment when I can. I found this much easier to do by making weekly payments (since I get paid weekly) as opposed to monthly ones. 

For example, if you have 4 credit cards that have a minimum payment of $25 all due in the same week you may have a hard time coming up with the $100 all at once. Instead try making weekly payments of $7 - $10. Even making $7 a week payment would give you $3 over your minimum payment towards interest. It doesn't seem like much, but trust me every extra $1 makes a difference in the long run. 

If you are going to pay weekly make sure that you are able to set aside at least the minimum, in this case $6.25 each week. If you have an extra few bucks one week use it to pay more on the card with the highest APR.

I recommend visiting www.credit.about. com.  No signup needed, totally free and has TONS of great info about all things debt/credit related, as well has how to protect yourself before and during divorce.  Once you get on that site you'll have lots of great tools to use.  Best of luck.