Question

rrsincere66

Separated from wife since 2006. She made accts in my name and let them go deilinquent. Legal? Y/N
What is my best course of action, besides divorce. I feel this is identity fraud to the simplest degree.

Most Helpful Response

Some questions,

When did you first pull your credit reports and find these accounts?

what address have you been living at for the past 8 years?  

Have you called the police and filed a identity theft report?

Have you called the Credit Card companies up and reported the accounts as fraud accounts?

You signed up with CreditKarma 10 months ago and you just found out this information, mmmmm something is not right if you ask me.

Why not divorce?

@icuhowie...Thanks.

I was abroad working in Munich, Germany since 2009. I just recently learned how to interpret a credit report. I had 5 addresses within the past 8 years, none with my wife, until we just recently reconciled in Oct. 2014. I had no idea, that a police report would be required, I just thought that I had to write each reporting agency and dispute the accounts that I was not familiar with. In a sense, I was just kind of waiting for the negative to fall off, but I just discovered that I had a new one from some Time Warner Cable Co. I am really in the tough now...wow.

icuhowie

if you did not have Time Warner Cable ,  call them up, Tell them it is not you and it is Fraud,  ( that is if it is )