Question

Mburke14

Sent PFD and got a Verification back but it said I owe $0 but they want me to pay $271?
So a collection got added to my credit and I sent a pay for delete letter last month. Yesterday I received a letter saying 'here is the verification you requested...' even though I didn't ask for verification. (Not the point) The attached pages show a hospital visit on 01/09/14 that I don't remember but that's not the point either. The pages also show that my balance owed is $0.00. As in I owe nothing. So I re read the front page and it also says 'your balanced owed on the verification might say $0 but your total balance is listed in the top left corner of this page' ($271). I thought that the verification was to prove that the debt is mine/what I owe. How can the verification say I owe nothing but they are saying I owe $271? Can they do that? Nothing on the verification sheets even says the amount $271. Can they just claim that I owe that amount without it being on the verification anywhere and since the verification says I owe nothing? That doesn't seem like they verified anything and seems like I shouldn't owe them anything.