Question

Posted in Saving Money

62Jewels

selling house in 3 weeks and paying off all but school loan. Next best move?
My 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee has 210,000 miles on it, runs great (highway miles) but get concerned at times as drive long distances alot.
TransUnion Credit score is 734
Can't do upkeep on a house anymore (physical) so won't buy again
What do I want to do next? Little in savings and I'm 51.

Most Helpful Response

Since you don't seem to have a need of loan (any kind), I think you should focus on paying off your school loan, your final loan that remains. For savings, you can use credit cards with rewards to pay for your regular expenses, like supermarkets, grocery stores, gas stations... Some good credit cards that offer rewards are BoA 1-2-3 cash reward, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, Discover It, Citi Dividends, Chase Freedom... I think you have known about them and had some (or all) cards that I just listed. If you don't have any, consider to apply for one. Your score is quite good so you will most likely receive one. You may want to keep your credit report as healthy as it is now just in case you need it for yourself later or to cosign for a relative. I hope this helps.