Question

crazylgs03

Sell or keep truck to pay off debt???
I have a truck that is paid for and worth approximately 14-15k. Should I sell it to pay off my credit card debt of approximately 11k? I have a work truck and a motorcycle for transportation if needed. I'm not worried about loosing my job, but if I did, I would lose the work truck. I don't really want another car payment anytime soon so not looking to go buy a nice car when I pay of my cc debt. My current truck is very nice and I'm very attached to it.. I bought it new and paid it off last year (first time ever!!). Hate to get rid of it but really tired of cc debt. What's your thoughts?? Sell the truck or keep it and keep plugging on my cc debt?

Most Helpful Response

What would I do!

* Put every Credit Card away,  never to see the light of day.  ( that does not mean a Wallet either )  
* Sell the Truck for as much as you can get for it.

* Pay off All of the Credit Card Debt you can. 

- If you have any Credit Card Debt left over  Budget to pay if off as quick as you can.

- If you have Cash left over Put it in a savings account and Start Saving.

* Save up 3 to 6 months of monthly living expences.

Start saving for what you want.  When you have the cash for it then you can buy it.

Have you ever lived on a Written Budget?    

If you have time google  Dave Ramsey and read.

Good Luck.