Question

rcolucci09

Seeking higher collective limit. I have saved 9 CC sugestions. Whats the best strategy to apply?
My fear is that if i get denied then i will have increasing hard inquiries on my account which will make it harder to be accepted each time. And in the end i will be worse off then where i started. I currently have 1 chase CC since 2008. No missed payments $800 limit. About a year ago i was once denied for a limit increase. I was afraid to try again. My score is currentl fluctuates month to month between 649 and 702 depending on this balance. My only other debt is from student loans. About 40k.

Most Helpful Response

Tryingtounderstand is dead on.  One other suggestion I would add is try the prequal on capital one.  They are pretty solid.  You should be able to get in with them.

Keep in mind that most lenders will use a version of FICO scores, so know where you are there. The best thing to do is to read as many reviews as you can on each card that you are considering to get more of a feel if you can be approved or not. The recommendations on here are basically just ads, so don't go by them. You should get at least one more card or even two more. Basic credit building tools are three credit cards and an installment loan. Keep in mind that more goes into a lender's decision than just scores. Your overall credit profile and debt to income ratio will be big factors as well. Good luck.