Question

jeanchunkim

Secured loans for credit score
If I get a secured loan and pay it off next month, then repeat it few times, wouldn't it raise my score quickly?

Hi

No, I doubt it. If you kept opening and closing loans, you would likely build up an accumulation of hard inquiries and doing something like this would probably give certain lenders concern. I would try get a card either unsecured or secured and use it and keep the utilization low and try to be patient. Also if you need an installment loan try to get one for a year and then pay it down but not off.